Last week, we had someone at our house refinishing our
hardwood floors for us. The last night he was there working, he was robbed at gunpoint by two men, who forced him inside our home and took money from him. Thankfully, his life was
spared and he wasn't harmed. We
are still processing this, and what it means for us as we move into our new
home.
Is Detroit really the place God wants us to live?
We believe it is.
We have never had to truly trust the Lord for our physical
safety before. I have put my trust in the location where I was living to
protect me. Now that we are living in a neighborhood where crime often occurs,
we are forced to take a step back and really put our trust in the Lord. We are
not guaranteed physical safety on this earth. But we have the promise of
eternity in paradise with our Savior. God loves Andrew and our baby a billion
times more than I ever will. He alone knows what is best for them. We pray that
by choosing to live in the neighborhood we have chosen, our children will grow
up with a faith that is unshakeable. We are surrounded by a body of believers
who are fighting the fight of faith right alongside us.
Is our sacrifice worth it?
We believe it is.
We are in the middle of a spiritual battle. I believe that
God wants us to live in this home and bring the light of the Gospel to our
neighbors. However, I also believe that Satan wants the opposite and will do
whatever it takes to get us to leave. We know that we are under attack by the
enemy for our choice to serve Christ in this city. We are on mission here and have
had setback after setback while trying to move into our home.
Do we truly believe that this is God's will for our lives?
Do we truly believe that this is God's will for our lives?
We believe it is.
Please pray for Andrew and I, that we would continue to
renew our minds in the truth and remember that we are in God’s will because of
the opposition we have faced. Pray that we would not idolize physical safety
and comfort and the things that are of this world. Pray that we would fight the
fight of faith, and fight it well. Pray that God would give us peace and
comfort and the ability to trust in Him and to give thanks in all
circumstances. Pray that Christ would be glorified through this, that the
men who did this would come to know their Savior who loves them and died for
them.
Romans 12:1-2
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."

You are doing right and for the lord and this is deffinatly attacks from the enemy at an attempt to scare you from harming his kingdom.
ReplyDelete"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. but I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell, Yes, I tell you, fear him." (Luke 12:4-5)
we don't fix our eyes on what is seen , but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)
I will be praying for the both of you and continue to pray for the baby ;)
May your move in this weekend go extremely well!
Seth